Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Big, Bad, World of Fantasy

Fantasy is kind of like a dragon. It's big, it's bad, and the idea of tackling it scares the crap out of a good 99.9% of the population.

And yet... here were are! Or rather, here I am, attempting the mostly impossible. Yeah, I'm writing a fantasy novel. It requires world building, a massive plot chart with many, many plot lines, character arcs, and God only knows what else. (Right - gotta make up a religion too still.)

Is this stressful? Well, I suppose it will be eventually, but right now I'm still in the honeymoon phase and feeling pretty good. It won't last.

Anyway, I'm Julie, I'm almost two weeks away from being 18, (RWA, here I come!) and I've finished two novels, both in the Contemporary Romance genre. Neither are published, but I'm working on that too. I'm sure I'll write more romances eventually, but for now the fantasy bug has bitten me pretty hard, so that's what we're stuck with for the time being.

Oh well, it's not like my fantasy doesn't have romance in it... -cough-. Don't judge me! I'm a lover at heart. You know, when I'm not writing a battle scene or whatever. :)

Things I enjoy besides writing are: Reading (duh), acting, singing, shopping, hanging out with friends (c'mon guys - I'm a teenager), and baking, (not cooking).

If you have a twitter, feel free to follow me @JRMann2013, I tweet more than I blog, so if you're interested in daily ramblings or updates on how frustrated I am - you should probably follow me. And if you have any questions or would just like to chat, one can always email me at j.r.mann2013@gmail.com

As I'm a Junior in high school still, school comes first, but I will try my darndest to keep up with my writing and this lovely, shiny new blog. (I had another one, but, well... let's not talk about that one.)

So, feel free to introduce yourself, or wait until I write a real blog post about my writing. Toodles!
~JR

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being the 1100th follower on our blog--and best of luck with your dragonly adventures. Looks like you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete